Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Change In Tactics

Aurora Report Mission
The original mission of Aurora Report was to monitor daily security news and report on the aspects of that news that was relevant to my current work situation.  Since the begining of this effort I have attempted to proliferate the global security events that are/were occuring to as many colleagues as would listen.  At times I felt quite the boy calling wolf, and yet in others very satisfied that I had brought forth timely and accurate knowledge.

One aspect of this endeavor that has not been quite what I intended is the growing volume of articles in the posts as well as the ever increasing number of sources.  The last post "Around The Horn vol.2,5" had over 200 articles and the current issue if ever published has upwards of 350.  This is unmanageable for the reader and has the effect of displacing the desired results of this blog.

What is to be done now?
As a result of the ever increasing number of security relevant sources of information I have decided to try and refocus on the original mission.  Therefore I have published as a feature of this blog all of my currently followed blogs.  Those of you that miss my aggregation can now either use Aurora Report as a jumping off point or you can use a feed reader like Google Reader or BlogLines to follow these feeds on your own.

I will try to scour through the relevant articles that either interest me or have direct impact on current situational challenges.  I will build on these to publish a semi-regular post replete with my research and conclusions on the matter.  After all that is really what a blog is supposed to be.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List